Understand your world
Our attorneys in this service area counsel and represent domestic clients who conduct business outside of the United States, or who have business operations in the United States with foreign investors, and counsel foreign clients with respect to their business operations in the United States. The scope of such matters includes:
- negotiations of foreign mergers, acquisitions and divestitures (including the rendering of tax advice with respect thereto)
- formation of joint ventures and other entities
- international sales, distribution, franchise and licensing agreements
- immigration, naturalization and visa applications
- trademark and servicemark applications.
In conjunction with lawyers from the Firm's litigation and dispute resolution areas, members of this service area also counsel clients regarding arbitration, mediation and litigation matters.